Virginia has been a university English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier.
How to Start Your Science Research Paper
Science papers are interesting to write and easy to research because there are so many current and reputable journals online.
Start by browsing through the topic questions below, then look at some of the linked articles or continue your search online with the links provided. If you don't find a topic here, you might want to look at:
100 Technology Paper Topics for Research Papers
Or if you are a student looking for a science experiment, I have posted step-by-step instructions for a variety of projects and you can find a list of links in my article: Science Fair Experiments.
- What are the steps for developing a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Do lockdowns help reduce coronavirus transmission?
- Why is the percentage of people of color dying from COVID-19 higher than their percentage in the general population?
- Why do some people with COVID-19 have digestive problems?
- What is the best self-treatment for COVID-19 for mild cases who stay at home?
- Where and when did COVID-19 start to infect humans?
- How can people best prepare their bodies to fight a COVID-19 infection?
- What is the best type of homemade face mask?
- What is the evidence for homemade face masks working to prevent COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 compare with seasonal influenza?
- What neurological effects are being seen in COVID-19 patients?
- What is "flattening the curve?" Where did "Flattening the Curve" come from?
- Why do people who are survivors of cancer have a greater chance of poor resistance to COVID-19?
- How is COVID-19 related to other human viruses (SARS, MERS, other coronaviruses)?
- Why do scientists think that COVID-19 came from bats?
- How does the coronavirus "spike protein" bind to human cell receptors?
- What is "herd immunity" and how can that be developed for a virus?
- Why do scientists not know if people who have had coronavirus will have immunity? What do we know about the differences between immunity in other viruses?
- What is an antiviral drug and how does it differ from a vaccine?
- What is a protease inhibitor and how does it work?
- How is the effort to find treatments against COVID-19 changing the way drugs are developed and used?
- Why does hand washing prevent infections?
- Has the stay-at-home order changed the rate of other infections?
- What is the best protection for people helping care for a person with COVID-19?
- What causes people to be at high risk for complications from COVID-19?
Molecular biology & Genetics Topics
- Can microbial factories be an answer to the shortage of raw metals?
- Is the paleo diet (eating mostly meat) really the way prehistoric people lived? Is it the optimal diet for humans?
- Is Europe's opposition to genetically modified crops about science or economics?
- Can molecular biological research of rare genetic disorders help provide keys to understanding cancer and other illnesses? (see Laron syndrome)
- Scientists who study behavioral epigenetics suggest that traumatic experiences such as the Holocaust or the Cultural Revolution in China actually affect the DNA handed down to the next generation. Is behavioral epigenetics true? If so, how should we apply this idea?
- What is the molecular evidence that humans once interbred with Neanderthals? With other now-extinct species?
- As men age, do they pass on genetic abnormalities to their children?
- Can men's exercise positively or negatively affect the DNA traits they pass on to their children?
- Is personalized medicine based on our own genome the wave of the future?
- Is stem cell treatment really promising?
- Will researchers really be able to use genetics to help us live both longer and healthier?
Physics and Astronomy Research Ideas
- How old is the universe?
- How important is it to explore our solar system? Is space exploration really necessary?
- What is dark energy? What do we really know about the universe we live in?
- What happened in the "Big Bang?"
- What have we learned about the universe from meteorites?
- Was there ever life on Mars?
- Why is Pluto no longer a planet?
- What caused the Astroid Belt?
- What has the International Space Station discovered that is most important?
- Is it realistic that people can live on another planet?
- How will private space flight companies change the future of space exploration?
- Should the United States return to the moon and try to go to other planets?
- It has been claimed that going into space is important for scientific development. Is that true? What scientific breakthroughs have come about through the space programs?
- What is the future of commercial space flight?
- What is the likelihood that a comet will strike the earth? What is the best way to detect and stop this?
- How can we solve the problem of "space junk"?
- How have meteorites changed our view of the Universe?
- Is it likely that there is life on other planets? What would it take for a planet to have life?
- What is "Dark Matter" and why is it important?
- What are black holes?
- How has the Hubble Space Telescope changed the way we look at the Universe?
- What is Higgs Boson? Will it destroy the Universe?
- How do sunspots affect us on earth?
- How will private space flight companies change the development of space resources?
- What is the likelihood that the Earth would be struck by a large asteroid or comet like the one believed to have killed off the dinosaurs? What can we do about it?
- Should humans really make the effort to find a way to live in space or on other planets?
Help in Writing Your Science Research Paper
I have many other articles that can help you write your paper. After you have chosen your topic, you can get started writing using my other articles:
- How to Write a Thesis Sentence.
- Writing Great Topic Sentences.
- Writing a Research Outline.
- Step-by-Step Argument Paper Writing.
- Effective Sentences
- Using Commas
- How to Edit Your Paper for a Better Grade
Chemistry & Biochemistry Paper Ideas
- What is the most important technological advance in medicinal chemistry this year?What is the role DNA polymerases plan in maintaining the integrity of genetic information?What are the possibilities of targeting DNA polmerases with pharmaceutical agents in cancer therapies?
- What are the top 5 chemistry careers?
- What is the best way to capture and use carbon dioxide?
- What are the chemicals that trigger allergies? How can chemists help prevent allergies?
- What is the best chemical process of microbrewing beer?
- How can atom thick graphene be used to create new technologies?
- What are the latest developments in the chemistry of adhesives?
- What are the challenges for developing environmentally-friendly plastics?
- Are chemicals from pharmaceuticals ending up in our water supply? Is this dangerous?
- How important is biocomputing and big data to the future of chemical research?
- How can the bioluminescence GFP from jellyfish be used in medical applications?
- How can metal oxides improve cell phones?
- Chemists are working on making plastics from non-petroleum products. What are some of the most promising experiements?
- How can the hardest crystal, boron nitride, be best used in practical applications?
- What is the possibility that spun sugar strands could be useful for medical purposes?
- How are clouds formed? What is the connection between chemicals in seawater and cloud formation?
- How can research on hydrophobic-hydrophilic surfaces help create chemical coatings and how would these be best used?
- What is the sugar chemistry of making candy?
- What are Biomacromolecules and why are they important?
- What are important trends in medicinal chemistry research in India?
- Why is nuclear fusion always just out of reach? Will it ever become a useful technology?
Environment and Ecology
- Is it a good idea that the U.S. has approved the release of "killer" mosquitoes to fight disease?
- Can endangered areas and animals be saved by helping local people develop alternative economies like raising tropical fish or ecotourism?
- Which of the current science fiction movies is the most plausible? (pick one or more and evaluate its representation of science)
- How well do science museums really teach science?
- Why do birds have such beautifully colored feathers?
- How are insects being used as models for miniature robots?
- Why do animals hibernate?
- Should disposable products be banned or limited?
- What is Green building? How helpful is it to the environment and is it worth the extra cost?
- Should alternative energy companies get government subsidies?
- Is offshore drilling safe?
- Is recycling metal really important??
- How important is climate change legislation?
- Is hydraulic fracking going to destroy important ecosystems?
- How can microelectronics be used to help people with chronic ailments?
- What developments in nanotechnology are currently being made for medical applications?
- What is the effect of nanotechnology on research and development of medical technologies?
- Can microelectronics inside of contact lenses help diabetics control their blood sugar?
- What is nanotechnology for medical use?
- How can "smart clothes" be used to help medical patients?
- How can nanotechnology be used to treat cancer patients?
- Do the benefits of nanotechnology for medical uses outweigh the risks?
- What are the risks of developing nanotechnology in medicine?
- How can nanotechnology be used to work with DNA?
- Should we use nanobots to produce and deliver drugs to human patients?
- Are nanofibers the answer to repairing spinal cord and brain injuries?
- Should we use nanotechnology to feed ourselves?
- What are the challenges of nanomaterials and nano designs?
- How could nanomedicine be used to better treat patients in remote regions or the developing world?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- Will nanotechnologies make it possible for people to live in outer space?
- How can nanotechnologies help us clean up toxic waste?
- What is nanomaterial?
- How should nanomaterial be regulated?
- How can nanotechnology improve diagnostic testing in patients?
- Can covering surfaces with nanoparticles improve airplanes, houses, and other structures?
- Is nanotechnology a viable commercial idea? Should we invest in further research and development?
- Is the desktop nanofabrication tool a viable option for low-cost, easy nanotechnology?
- Can nanomaterials be used to reduce CO2 emissions?
Nanotechnology Sources to Help You Research
- Nanomedicine Journal is an open access journal that includes abstracts of current research as well as many free articles.
- Institute of Nanotechnology includes articles on the most recent developments as well as links to information on nanotechnology and reports of commercial viability.
- PhysOrg links to many bio and medicine nanotechnology articles.
- Nanotechnology in Medicine: Huge Potential But What Are the Risks has science reviews which cover a variety of new nanotechnologies and their potential for helping people, with a discussion of the possible risks.
- Google Smart Contacts and NPR Report on Google Contacts for Diabetics: Google has developed "smart glasses" which are being tested, but the company is also interested in using microcomputers to help diabetics monitor blood sugar levels.
- Smart Clothes for Medical Uses: NPR interview on Science Friday with a scientist developing nanofibers which could be used to produce "smart clothes" to monitor patients with cancer and other medical conditions.
Agricultural Science Topics
- What kind of fertilizer is the least harmful to the environment (you can narrow this question to discuss a specific agricultural crop)?
- Why are honey bee colonies weakening and what can be done about it?
- What are the best solutions for weeds (you can add a specific crop)?
- Is the world too dependent on just a few crops?
- What is the best planting strategy for small rice farms?
- Are smaller farms more ecologically sound than larger farms?
- What is organic farming? How can it be done most successfully?
- How can high tech be used to better enhance agriculture?
- How can agricultural scientists best prepare for natural disasters? Or help best in natural disaster recovery?
- How much does enhancing photosynthesis improve crop yield?
- Why is the diversity of the crop sorghum been decreasing, and what should be done about this?
- How can the food distribution system be improved to prevent food waste?
- How can harmful algal blooms be prevented?
- How can antibiotic use in agriculture be reduced?
- Is specialization a better strategy for farmers?
- What are the best strategies for farming in areas of water scarcity?
- Why doesn't rising global food production feed people who are hungry?
- How can family farmers and small-scale farms be helped to raise better crops?
- Are native crops better? How can farmers be encouraged to use them?
- How can food crops be best made more nutritious?
- How can farmers in ______(pick a country) be more successful and productive?
- How can poultry farmers best prevent diseases like bird flu?
- How can poultry farming optimize the welfare of animals?
- How can poultry (beef or pork) farmers find solutions to reduce environmental footprints?
- How can poultry (beef or pork) farmers find the best solutions to increase or sustain their production levels? What are those solutions and how can farmers be encouraged to follow those best practices?
- Is stem cell research ethical?
- Is health care ready for the routine screening of patient DNA?
- What is a chimera and how could it help stem cell research?
- What are the potential benefits and risks of stem cell research?
- Are microbes that create chemicals and antibiotics going to help us prevent infections?
- What is the best treatment for leukemia?
- How will wearable medical devices transform healthcare?
- Can scientists cure diseases by building new organs?
- What is gene therapy?
- What causes skin cancer?
- What is the best strategy for people to avoid getting cancer?
- Which cancers are we closest to finding cures for?
- What has been the impact of colonoscopy testing on colon cancer rates?
- Why do so many women get breast cancer?
- Why is malaria such a difficult disease to eliminate?
- Will global warming make tropical diseases like malaria and dengue fever travel north?
- What is the best strategy to slow the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases?
- Why doesn't the flu vaccine work all the time?
- How likely is it that a pandemic will arise that will kill large numbers of people in the world?
- Is it possible to predict the next pandemic?
- How well do childhood vaccines prevent diseases?
- What is the West Nile virus?
- Why do people get epilepsy? How can it best be treated?
- Do doctors rely too much on expensive medical imaging technologies?
- Do microbes cause Alzheimer's disease?
- Can memory loss and dementia be prevented?
- How do cells protect the body from disease?
- Does Chinese traditional medicine work better than Western medicine in some cases?
- What is the best indicator of an increased risk of heart disease?
- Are annual doctor's check-ups really necessary? Are they really the best way to help people stay healthy?
- Why are some diseases that we thought we had eradicated (like the measles or whooping cough) returning to infect people?
- Is it beneficial or harmful for wild animals to have interactions with people?
Robotics and Computer Science Topics
- Can robots be used to help kill invasive species?
- How can robotic exosuits be used in industry and business for training and increasing production?
- How are robots going to improve medicine?
- A robot can now perform a routine colonoscopy. What is the future of surgical robots?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Will delivery drones be bringing us our pizza and mail?
- Is using drones for warfare a good or bad idea?
- How can research on improving the artificial intelligence in robots teach us more about ourselves?
- What is hacking? Is it always bad?
- Can using system like bitcom help protect identity theft?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- What are the important issues about privacy and big data?
- How is bioinformatics transforming biology?
- How can mining big data in the healthcare industry make us healthier?
- How can computer science programs and games like Eyewire help us understand the brain?
- Science: A premier publication in the field, Science has peer-reviewed research as well as information that is curated by experts.
- Nature: Publishes peer-reviewed articles on biology, environment, health and physical sciences. Nature is an authoritative source for current information. If articles are difficult to read, you can search for the same information in one of the more popular journals online..
- Live Science Health: You can search this site for articles on science topics, including health science. This site often gives you links to original articles and government reports that can help you do your research.
- Medical News Today: Contains over 250,000 articles on a variety of health topics. This site gives concise explanations of current research along with links to original papers or other information to help you further your research ideas. You can email or print the articles on this site and find out if they are from academic publications.
- Discover Magazine: Appropriate for 7-12 grade and up. Gives in-depth articles about current research but the articles are written by journalists, so they are accessible to high school students as well as college students. Often this is a good place to start to get information on the topic or to get ideas about the different arguments pro and con about a research idea.
Current Medical Research Questions
- What technologies are in development to help people who are paralyzed?
- How does sleep deprivation affect health?
- Should sugar be regulated like a drug?
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of individual genome profiling?
- What is the Human Connectome Project and how will mapping of the human brain contribute to scientific knowledge?
- Are some cancers caused by genes?
- Who are the Denisovans and how does their discovery alter our view of human evolution?
- Can we develop an anti-cancer vaccine?
- What can we do about crops which absorb toxins, such as the recent discovery of arsenic-tainted rice?
- What is the ideal weight for longevity? What is the connection between diet and lifespan?
- What is Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)? Are we really in a post-antibiotic era as the CDC recently announced? What does this mean?
- Should scientific publication and grant systems be changed to give private citizens and younger scientists a voice if they have good ideas?
- Which diet choice is better: low fat, low sugar, or low carbs?
- How can polio be eradicated? Why has the disease resurfaced?
- How important are the bacteria living in your bowels?
- How close are computers to mimicking the human brain?
- How can video games be used to solve scientific problems?
- Do cell phones or microwaves cause cancer?
Nursing Research Topics
- How can nurses be involved in the fight against human trafficking?
- How can nurses help in emerging infectious diseases?
- What are the best ways to treat diabetic wounds? or diabetic feet?
- Explain the best practices of management of patients in intensive care.
- What is the role of nurses in treatment of acute ischemic stroke?
- What are some non-pharmaceutical ways to help care for patients with chronic pain?
- Does music or art therapy work?
- What are nursing measures that can help patients control high blood pressure?
- Discuss the reliability of the COPE index.
- What are the consequences of medication errors and how can they be prevented?
- What are the factors affecting the quality of life in palliative care?
- What are the best ways for nurses to avoid work-related injuries and musculoskeletal disorders?
- What is the effect of oral hygiene on ventilator-associated pneumonia?
- How can nursing practices prevent falls?
- What is the best decision-making process for patients in nursing homes?
- What are the best nursing education practices for people with Type 2 diabetes?
- How can nursing practices help depression in patients with chronic pain or in nursing homes?
- What is the most accurate tool for screening depression in newly admitted patients?
- What is the usefulness of smartphone apps in helping patients carry out self-care regimes?
- What is the best procedures for handing over care from one shift to another?
- What is the effect of nursing care on INR stability time in warfarin treatment?
- What is the best care protocol to prevent venous catheter infection?
- What is the best way for nurses to reduce stress?
- How can nurses best help reduce postnatal depression?
- Explain the role of nurses in helping reduce drug dependence.
Psychology and Neurobiology Issues
- Is autism a kind of brain damage?
- How can we help autistic savants become productive members of society?
- Why do we sleep? How much sleep do we really need?
- How is sleep related to memory?
- How did human speech develop? Are there clues we can find in researching primate social interactions?
- How do we remember things? How reliable are our memories in recalling how things really happened?
- What is the importance of time and space in brain development and disease?
- Why do mothers protect their young and even risk their lives?
- How does our brain really work?
- What is mental illness? Is there something we can learn from these different sorts of mental states?
- How does language reveal stress responses?
Your Science Interest
Questions & Answers
Question: I am a grade twelve student. I'm having difficulty formulating a research question in STEM. Can you make a suggestion?
Answer: Any of the topics on this page of research questions would make a good question for a grade 12 project. For more help in choosing an idea, you can look at my information about technology topics. Since I don't know your interests and background, I can't choose a topic for you, but I suggest you follow these guidelines:
1. Choose 2-3 questions that seem the most interesting to you.
2. Research for 5-15 minutes on the Internet on each of the topics you've chosen.
3. Usually, after about 15 minutes of looking at what is available on that topic, you will discover that one of the topics you've chosen is more interesting, or has more information easily available. That is the best one to choose.
4. If you don't find a good topic in the first search, then pick another 2-3 topics and try again.
Question: I plan to use the flip method to do research, but I am struggling. What is the best way to structure the research topic?
Answer: The best way to structure your research topic is to turn it into a question and then an answer. See my article: https://letterpile.com/writing/Easy-Ways-to-Write-...
Question: I am a grade 12 STEM strand student and I am having a difficult time finding a suitable investigatory project title regarding how to ease the effects of global warming. Do you have any topic suggestions on global warming?
Answer: 1. How can individuals help ease the effects of global warming?
2. What should countries do to ease the effects of global warming?
3. Is global warming real?
4. What should we do about global warming?
Question: Can I have scientific topics for grades 6 to 7?
Answer: I have a number of science experiments you can do with full explanations. Look at my profile for some examples. You can also look at this article under current science topics for some good ideas of things in the news: https://hubpages.com/academia/100-Current-Events-R... Scroll down to the end section about "Science and Technology." That article also includes some links to research articles and sources that can help you. For a couple of quick ideas, try the following:
Is looking at your own DNA through a service ( 23 and Me, Gene by Gene, DNA Ancestry, deCODE Genetics or Gene Planet) a good idea?
Which DNA testing service is the best?
How will DNA sequencing change health care?
Question: Which question about cancer could I consider as possible topics for a research paper?
Answer: Here are some interesting cancer research topics:
1. What is the best new treatment for pancreatic cancer?
2. Is gene therapy a good choice for cancer patients?
3. Are there any holistic or alternative therapies that help cancer patients?
4. What is the best diet and exercise plan to prevent cancer?
5. Should women who find they have genes which make them more prone to getting breast cancer consider having a mastectomy as a preventative measure?
6. Should the cost of cancer therapy be considered by patients when choosing a therapy?
7. Are there good reasons for people with cancer to not choose cutting-edge treatments and fighting until the end?
8. How can doctors be better prepared to help terminally ill cancer patients with end of life issues?
9. Why is it so hard to find cures for cancer?
10. When is cancer screening most useful, effective or preventative?
Question: I am searching for a Zoology topic to write a research paper on, can you help me?
Answer: 1. How doe microplastics harm aquatic creatures?
2. What traits make mammals best adapt to urban environments?
3. Does ecotourism really help save animal habitats?
Question: I am in 9th grade, and I would like to write a research paper on severe weather, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc. However, I am having trouble coming up with a specific question to research. Do you have any suggestions?
Answer: How are Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado warnings issued?
What is the difference between the categories of huricanes?
How can scientists predict earthquakes?
Question: Can you suggest research topics for agricultural students?
Answer: How can Aquaculture best improve farming?
What is the best way to encourage more people to enter into agriculture?
How can we best create sustainable agriculture?
What are the best practices for sustainable crop farming of XXX (pick a crop)?
How can we reduce the use of pesticides most effectively?
How can pollution from agriculture be best reduced?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How sleep is related to memory?" for a science research paper?
Answer: Here are some other questions on sleep:
1. How can someone get better sleep?
2. Can improving sleep help the memory of Alzheimer's patients?
3. Can changing sleep patterns improve test performance?
Question: I am applying for a master's in chemistry and I would love to research on a topic that correlates chemistry and health care. Can you help me with possible research topics?
Answer: 1. How can innovative polymers for controlled release applications help in personalized medicine?
2. How can synthetic chemistry help discover new drugs?
3. What are the best new treatments for cancer that chemists have discovered?
Question: I am a ninth-grade student doing a research paper for my anatomy class. Do you have a suggestion?
Answer: You can pick an unusual bone or part of the body and research the importance of that part of the anatomy. For example:
1. How do the ear bones work to conduct sound?
2. What does the thyroid do?
Question: Do you have a specific topic for environmental science for grade 7?
Answer: For grade 7 you might want to talk about:
1. Does recycling really help?
2. What are 5 ways an ordinary person can help the environment?
3. How can we help provide clean water to people who don't have it?
At the bottom of the following article are many other suggestions along with research article links to help you write your paper:
Question: What is the easiest science topic for a research paper?
Answer: No single topic is the easiest to do for everyone. To pick the easiest topic for you, choose one that:
1. Is interesting to you.
2. Is a topic you already know something about.
3. Is something you have an opinion about.
I always suggest that students start with 3 possible topics. Then they should start doing a bit of Google searching to find out more. The easiest topic is one that you can find articles for right away.
Question: I am a grade eleven student. I am having a difficult time in formulating a title for my research paper. I would want to tackle the problem of raising awareness in mental health. Can you make a suggestion?
Answer: What is the best method to help raise awareness of mental health issues in teenagers?
How can parents be better informed about problems in mental health in their children?
Do campaigns to raise awareness about mental health issues actually help people be healthier emotionally?
Question: Do you have science research topics that involve asking the opinion of people?
Answer: If you are doing interviews with people, you might want to look at my article about doing an Interview Essay: https://owlcation.com/academia/How-to-Write-an-Int...
Science interview questions could be:
1. What do you think about the topic of creation vs. evolution?
2. How important do you think it is to have your DNA sequenced for science?
3. Would you be willing to donate your body to science after you die?
4. How do colors affect your mood?
5. What do you think is the most important medical discovery in your lifetime?
You can also consider some of the questions in this article: https://hubpages.com/academia/100-Interview-Essay-...
Question: What is the best research problem concerning with the environment?
Answer: 1. How can we best clean the plastics out of the oceans?
2. How can we best encourage alternative energy sources?
Question: Can you suggest some trending research topics in medical physiology?
Answer: 1. How does stress affect the heart?
2. Do marathons help or hurt the body?
3. How does exercise help people to stay healthy?
4. How much exercise do people need to do to stay fit?
Question: I'm a grade 9 student preparing for my grade 10 research project. What topic would you suggest?
Answer: Here are some easier topics for high school students. I think doing one in "health" is probably the easiest:
Science Topics: https://owlcation.com/academia/100-Science-Argumen...
Technology and Science Topics: https://hubpages.com/academia/100-Technology-Topic...
Question: Hi, I'm a grade 12 student and I need help coming up with a research topic. The topic needs to be something that we can physically conduct an experiment on in order to draw results and a conclusion. For example, testing water potential. I'm looking for something that is more based around humans though. Do you have any suggestions on a topic and a way to experiment it?
Answer: I have several science experiments which are appropriate for High School students. See the following:
1. How does Salt Affect Seed Germination? https://hubpages.com/stem/Science-Project-How-Does...
2. Can robots be used to detect bombs? https://wehavekids.com/education/Science-Fair-Proj...
3. How knock-out mice work. https://owlcation.com/stem/Fun-Baking-Science-Fair...
4. What solution keeps flowers fresh the longest? https://wehavekids.com/education/Science-Fair-Proj...
Question: Can you suggest research topics in physical chemistry?
Answer: 1. What are the newest advances in battery science?
2. What is the most promising direction for increasing battery technology?
3. How will organic lead halide perovskites affect photovoltaics?
4. How is perovskite solar cell research impacting many scientific disciplines?
5. How will physical chemistry play a role in excited-state dynamics?
6. How will advances in density functional theory be used?
Question: What are some possible topics on biology for a science research paper?
Answer: Look under "Molecular biology and genetics topics," "biochemistry" or "ecology for topics which relate to biology or the life sciences. Biology refers to "study of life" so anything which is alive is included under that topic. You can also find some easier topics in the life science in these articles:
1. Look at the "Environment" section on: https://hubpages.com/humanities/Essay-Topic-Ideas....
2. Here are some argumentative topics: https://hubpages.com/academia/100-Easy-Argumentati...
Question: How would you know which research paper topic is best for you?
Answer: Generally, I tell my students to narrow their choice to two or three topic questions that interest them the most. Then start reading about those topics by doing a Google search to find out just a little bit more about them. Find out what are the possible answers for that question and see how hard it is to get information on that topic. The easiest paper to write will be:
1. A topic you already know a lot about.
2. A topic you find a lot of information about when you are researching.
3. Something that is interesting to you.
Question: Can you suggest a research paper where humans are the respondents or the subject of the experiment?
Answer: Any topic in biology which relates to humans or psychology should work. Check out the topics in this article on Psychology topics: https://hubpages.com/humanities/Easy-Essay-Topics-...
Question: Any suggestions for a research study at grade 9 level?
Answer: See my science fair articles which tell a number of interesting projects. Inside of each article, there are various ideas to try.
Checking to see what makes flowers last the longest: https://wehavekids.com/education/Science-Fair-Proj...
Robot Project: https://wehavekids.com/education/Science-Fair-Proj...
Sports medicine flexibility project: https://wehavekids.com/education/Sports-Medicine-S...
Question: Can you suggest a research topic for grade 11?
Answer: I have a lot of high school topics in this article: https://owlcation.com/humanities/150-Argument-Essa...
Question: How should I start my research project?
Answer: 1. The most crucial first step is understanding what is required by your instructor or mentor.
Look at all of the instructions you have been given, and ask questions if you don't understand. Write out those instructions for yourself in your own words and then show them to your instructor to see if you are correct in your understanding.
2. After you are sure you understand, you need to pick a topic for researching. To do that, you will need to look at my lists here and in other articles I've written.
3. After you have chosen a topic area, you will need to look up the research that has already been done on that topic. If your project needs to be original, you must also be careful to understand all of the research which has been done previously to make sure you are not repeating what has been done by someone else. There must be something new that you are contributing to science. However, for some projects in lower levels of learning of high school and undergraduate education, it is all right to repeat or summarize the projects of others.
4. Now that you have gathered the information on your topic, read it carefully and take notes. Use those notes to formulate your thesis question.
5. After you have your question, you can then write a thesis answer. If you are doing an actual science project, then you will have to devise an experiment to test that question. If you are doing a written essay based on the research writing of others, you can write your answers to the question based on what you have read in your literature search.
5. Using those thesis answers, you can begin to put your outline together.
6. Use my information about how to write a research paper to help you finish your project.
Question: Can you suggest some research paper topics about molecular medicine in relation to RFLP and diabetes?
Answer: A good way to find some specific research topics is to look at non-profits who sponsor research in that area. Look at their section on research that they support and you will see what the most current information is. Several non-profits are sponsoring Diabetes research including the American Diabetes Foundation.
Question: What research topics can be formulated about caffeine intake?
Answer: 1. Is caffeine good or bad for a person's health?
2. How much caffeine is too much?
3. Are energy drinks harmful to college students?
Question: Would this make a good topic for a science research paper: "Is it true that sperm cells can help to remove pimples and keep the skin smooth and healthy?"
Answer: You can do a variety of papers on the topic of skin care, or on the idea of using unusual treatments. Here are some topic examples:
1. Does (natural remedy which is trendy) really help improve skin?
2. What products really work to help teenagers with pimples?
3. Are there products or treatments for pimples which do more harm than good?
Question: Which health topic would be great for a presentation?
Answer: Lots of health topics would be great for a presentation. Here are a few easy ones:
1. What is the healthiest diet?
2. How do opioids hurt people when they overuse them?
3. What causes obesity? Is there a cure for our current epidemic?
4. Five important signs of mental illness to be aware of.
5. What do you do when someone is suicidal?
You can find more health topics in this article: https://hubpages.com/academia/Academic-Persuasive-...
Question: What are some temperature related science topics that would be good to research?
Answer: 1. How has the temperature of our planet changed during recorded history?
2. What causes the change in the temperature at the poles?
3. Why does the Earth have such a small temperature range compared to other planets?
Question: Which questions about neuroscience could I consider as possible topics for a scientific research paper?
Answer: Here are some research paper ideas for you:
Can people improve their IQ?
Can brain stimulation cure mental illness?
How does the brain give rise to emotion?
How do neurons work?
What are the relationship between our environment, our brain, and our microbiome?
Question: Is there any research topic related to finance and marketing? A significant portion of our lives are devoted to earning money, but I'd also like a topic that talks about how finance helps run the world and improve our lives.
Answer: You are correct that no science project is useful unless it is eventually developed into a product and marketed widely. That will involve getting financing and a company to do that marketing. Here are some topics related to that:
1. What is the process of taking a science idea and turning it into a product?
2. How does a biotech company effectively finance and market a product?
3. How can business people best market new technologies?
4. How can marketing be used to help the world to run better and use new technologies more effectively?
5. How can people in finance help new technologies be used in poorer countries?
Question: What do you think of the research paper topic, "What is the relevance of mathematics to learning physics"?
Answer: I think that the word you should focus on would be "importance" rather than "relevance," because I believe the issue behind your question is that people do not believe that mathematics is important in physics. As a matter of fact, my son (an engineering student) found that his physics courses in high school actually were the most helpful courses he had to prepare him for his college mathematics courses. Here are some other topic questions related to this one:
1. What is the importance of studying math to be prepared for learning physics?
2. How does mathematics research illuminate or drive physics research?
3. How can mathematicians and physics researchers work together to solve big problems?
4. What are the most interesting mathematical problems in physics research today?
Question: What do you think of the topic, What are the physics of a marching snare drum?" for a science research paper?
Answer: Your topic is an interesting idea and represents a kind of Explaining argument essay. Your topic will work if your instructor doesn't mind that you don't have a topic which is arguable.
Question: I am interested in starting a STEM Capstone course at my high school. Where do I begin?
Answer: A STEM capstone course is an excellent idea to get students interested in pursuing a STEM career. Students enjoy researching the latest in technology and medical advances. What I have done in my courses is give students a good, basic article in a recent discovery. I ask them to read, summarize and respond to the article. Part of their summary includes giving at least three possible research questions. Then each student presents what they have learned to the whole class. After their presentations, I compile all of the possible research topic questions and let them choose which one they want to pursue. Many of the articles and questions I have listed on my science and technology topic articles are generated by my students or in class discussions. Most of these questions have been used by my students to write a research paper. You can have your students use my article here and my technology article to get a start. Then for instructions in writing, you are welcome to have them look at my articles about writing research papers.
Question: Can you suggest some research paper topics about molecular biology?
Answer: How can plants be used to produce pharmaceuticals?
What is the use of the plant virus model system?
How can natural products be used in the treatment of diabetes?
Are algae systems the best way to produce synthetic fuels?
What are the possibilities of using 3-D printing of cells and molecules to solve medical problems?
Question: What are the best topics for animal health (mainly cattle, goats and poultry) for an undergraduate animal science student?
Answer: How can modification of poultry, or eggs enhance human health?
How can we improve the dairy cattle health in developing nations (you can pick a particular nation if you want)?
What are the best practices for keeping goats healthy?
Should antibiotics be used?
What is the evidence for or against free-range chickens being better and healthier?
Which vaccines are most valuable for the health of (chicken, goats or poultry)?
Question: Can you suggest research topics about life or biological science?
Answer: Here are some life sciences topics:
1. What are the most interesting recent discoveries deep in the ocean?
2. How is studying the microbiome of the planet going to be important to environmental studies?
3. How can we best make food more nutritious in developing nations?
4. How can we prevent pandemics?
5. How can we prepare for the eventual post-antibiotic world?
6. Can changing their microbiome help people overcome problems of stress, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder?
Question: What do you think of, "Why do most women get breast cancer?" for a science research topic?
Answer: I'm not sure that this would be a clear and easy question to answer. Try one of the following:
1. What are the most important things that predispose women to breast cancer?
2. Are there things the average woman can do to help prevent breast cancer?
3. How can women avoid breast cancer?
Question: Can you suggest research topics regarding energy?
Answer: For energy topics, look for "environmental" topics on this article or just search all of my topics by Googling the subject you want and either "VirginiaLynne" or "Owlcation." Because I've written so many different articles, I actually have trouble keeping track of which topic is written in which article, so I use Google to search within my own articles to find a particular topic, and you can too!
Question: What are some botany topic questions for a research paper?
Answer: 1. How important was the "green revolution?" How is it continuing?
2. How has the anti-GMO movement affected the development of crops with better nutrition and better drought resistance?
3. What can be done to stop crop diseases from causing people to starve?
4. What are the best techniques to change crops to become more drought resistant?
5. How can we get people to eat a greater diversity of crops?
Question: Can you suggest some research topics in regards to civil engineering?
Answer: 1. What is the best way to do seismic auditing and retrofitting of old buildings?
2. Is fiber reinforced cement and composites a good choice? If so, which is the best?
3. How do we best develop sustainable technologies for infrastructure?
4. How will nanotechnology be helpful in civil engineering in the near future?
5. What is the best method of construction management?
6. How will geoinformatics transform civil engineering?
7. What is ecological engineering and how do we best practice it?
8. What is the best method of transforming the railway infrastructure to make it more efficient and reliable?
By the way, you can further specify these topics to relate to a particular country or place.
Question: What are some interesting topic ideas about astronomy and physics?
Answer: "Is there a multiverse? What is the evidence of a multiverse?"
"What was the universe like at the beginning of time?"
"How did the beginning of the universe make life possible?"
"What is the importance of string theory?"
"Are there other planets that support life?"
"What would life be like on other planets?"
"What do meteors teach us about the universe?"
Question: I am a grade 8 student. I'm having difficulty finding a good topic that has a connection to Biology. Can you help me? Or make a suggestion for an essay topic about biology?
Answer: I have a many different topic lists and some are easier for younger students and include topics that are Biology or science related. Check out these articles for ideas, look for "health topics," "Medicine," or other issues relating to Biology: https://hubpages.com/humanities/150-English-Essay-... This article has a list of many topics, a topic generator and also gives you steps for starting your paper: https://hubpages.com/academia/Academic-Persuasive-... Don't forget to also look for my articles about how to write your paper step by step. You can find my articles on my profile, or Google "VirginiaLynne" and "owlcation."
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can Darwin's Theory be used to prove similar behavior between humans and monkeys?" for a science research paper?
Answer: I think your question could be clearer:
1. Does Darwin's theory predict similar human and monkey behavior?
2. How does Darwin's theory help us analyze human behavior?
Question: Can you suggest research topics about dementia?
Answer: 1.What causes dementia?
2.What is the best treatment for people with dementia?
3. Why has there been a sharp increase in people with Alzheimer's disease?
4. How well do drugs to slow down dementia work?
5. How is dementia best diagnosed?
Additionally, I've written several articles on Alzheimer's and dementia that you might want to look at, you can find them by Googling "Alzheimer's" and "VirginiaLynne on HealDove"
Question: Which research topic on Sickle cell disease can I write about?
Answer: 1. How do people inherit Sickle cell disease?
2. What are the best treatments for people with Sickle cell disease?
3. Does having Sickle cell disease have any advantages?
Question: I'm trying to find a low-cost experiment that doesn't involve the use of humans. Additionally, this research needs to be unique. Do you have suggestions?
Answer: I would suggest considering a plant experiment if you need something that is low-cost. One example is my experiment involving germinating seeds in a variety of concentrations of salt solutions.
To make your project unique, it helps to tackle a real-world problem.
You can research what real-world problems farmers have in your area and design an experiment to test some aspect of growing seeds or plants that relate to their problem.
Here is the sample experiment. It has some ideas for variations at the end: https://hubpages.com/stem/Science-Project-How-Does...
Question: What are the topics that students can research on space?
Answer: 1. Is it possible to have people live on Mars as Elon Musk wants to do?
2. What is microgravity and why do we need to know about it?
3. How big is space?
4. How did the universe start?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on February 19, 2020:
Hi Alan, I am glad you are learning English. If you did not find a topic in this list, don't worry! I have about 25 different other lists. You can find them by either looking at my profile page, or Googling my name and "essay topics."
Alan on February 19, 2020:
Hi, I'am Englısh Language Teaching student and I have to choose either a scientific or academic topic for a DİSCUSSİON. I almost checked all the topics but I couldn't choose one because the topics were difficult for me to discuss on them. Although I chose 2 topics to search for details, but I didn't get details enough, and also the topic must have different prespective by researchers. Pleasse can you help me, what should I do?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 14, 2020:
Hi Fatima, you should probably talk about the causes of CAD, symptoms, best practices in treating CAD, current research in the area, and what lifestyle changes a person can do to prevent/treat CAD.
Fatima Akhtar on January 12, 2020:
Hi, I am grade 12 student and i am doing a very important presentation on CAD coronary artery disease also known as Ischemic heart disease (IHD). So, can you please suggest me an attractive topic for the presentation and also some important points to talk about during presentation?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 08, 2020:
Hi Michelle, it helps to have a research question that you are going to answer. The question can then be answered in more than one way and the different answers can be the topics. Or your question can have one answer and the reasons for that answer are your topics. Here are some possible questions: What are the positive and negative impacts of listening to music? What is the mechanism of how music affects the brain? Can listening to music help people to learn? Can music help Alzheimer's patients?
Michelle on January 06, 2020:
I have a research paper for science and I am wanting to do it on how music effects the brain. Do you have any suggestions to help with breaking my paper down into specifics?
Alaya on September 30, 2019:
This website is Cool, and its helps me with my homework I’m in 7th
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on August 19, 2019:
Hi Landon, any of these topics could be made into a research paper of 5 pages or longer.
Landon Holden on August 19, 2019:
Could any of these topics be 5 pages long for research
Taylor Bound on May 16, 2019:
I would love to see an article on evolution
Hannah on February 06, 2019:
I am interested in topics related to the five senses.
Rose on January 07, 2019:
Best experimental research topic for a grade 12 stem student
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 03, 2019:
Rica and Tomy, I have many more articles on topics for students of all ages. One that might be especially helpful is my one that gives Easy Argument Topics with Research Links and Sample Essays (includes a section on Technology and several Health-related topics). Here is the link: https://owlcation.com/academia/100-Easy-Argumentat...
Rica on January 03, 2019:
Hi, Can you suggest some topics for the grade 11 stem students
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 20, 2018:
Hi Carter, I have many different articles on topics. This one is all about psychology topics: https://owlcation.com/humanities/Easy-Essay-Topics...
Carter Stuart on December 20, 2018:
I would like if you added more psychology topics and research ideas. I want to be a psychologist and I feel this can be really helpful
Anonymous on October 22, 2018:
I like physics!
The study of bodies in space is cool.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on October 14, 2018:
I have lots of health topics. Search “health essay topics” VirginiaLynne Owlcation. I have so many articles that I actually search for my own topics that way too!
MIchael M on October 11, 2018:
i want to know more about peoples health any suggestions?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on October 06, 2018:
Sakhithya--ask this as a question and I can give you some topics.
Sakhithya on October 06, 2018:
Hey ! I want do a science thesis and i am looking for a topic.I will feel happy of you give a topic related to space research.
Melissa Dekle on August 30, 2018:
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on August 01, 2018:
Sure Kayla, you can find 100 different topic ideas in my article here: https://owlcation.com/humanities/Easy-Essay-Topics...
kayla pajanconi on July 31, 2018:
Hello.. I wanted to write a research about human psychology. Would you mind to help me? Can you give me some topics that would be helpful to me?
Connor on May 21, 2018:
thanks this was so helpfull
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on April 27, 2018:
1. How can math be made more interesting for students?
2. Is flipped classrooms the best way to teach math?
3. How can underrepresented groups be best encouraged to be math majors in college?
4. How can machine learning be integrated best into predictive simulation?
5. How can mathmatic modeling of 2D materials be best done?
Datlon on April 27, 2018:
Is there any thing about math or something like that
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on April 16, 2018:
Hi Alex, you could research about the ecology of mangroves, how they are being affected by rising seas, or what is being done to preserve them.
Alex L on April 15, 2018:
I live close to mangroves, are there any investigations regarding them?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 22, 2018:
Hi Margaux, I have many more articles with research ideas. Some of them involve questions that you can research online and others could be questions you could do with your campus peers. I would suggest that you look carefully through my profile to find the other articles. I'm sure you can find a project that would work for your purposes!
Margaux Gillan on March 22, 2018:
I had an experience with true experimental research last year, but then it failed because my sampling method was off. I’m ought to make another research, whatever design, as a requirement to graduate. However, I don’t know what topic I should pursue. And I’m quite cautious of doing another experimental research type. These topics you’ve provided are indeed helpful, but then I don’t think I can use them in a small campus based research. Can you recommend any more topics that I may use? That can involve students (within our campus) for data collection. I’m a STEM senior high student by the way, if that could help.
Thank you so much. -Margaux
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on February 28, 2018:
Hi Selena. For a science journal, you need to record the date, the information you get from a source and the bibliographical information. Generally, I suggest that students write a short summary of the information they get from a source and then their response to that information, which can include what they learned, what questions the information made you think about, and what you thought was useful or important.
Selena Leong on February 27, 2018:
This real helped me I was looking for topics for my research paper for days. Great thanks alot.
Any advice on how to write a science journal ?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on February 26, 2018:
Hi Gloria, there are some life science samples in the topics above. Here are a couple more:
How is DNA analysis of ancient bones changing our concept of the evolutionary tree?
How is Biopharma changing healthcare?
Yolo on February 26, 2018:
Thanks so much
Gloria T. Jauod. on February 26, 2018:
I haven't tried doing science research but I want to try. I am interested on life science. Could you give me some samples?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 22, 2018:
That's a good idea explorer.
explorer1234 on January 22, 2018:
More topics related to space science would be great!
Valerie Chan on January 19, 2018:
Interesting research on a great app for me to get a great time to share.
Angelyn on January 17, 2018:
I love all the topics. All of it are interesting. Well, i need something for my research that the output will be tangible or can be use by others. Thanks for the help.
Alice on January 11, 2018:
can you do a topic on drugs cigarettes and smoking?
Jerome Allen on January 05, 2018:
This is a very great website
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 19, 2017:
Hi Bella--You need to look at my science fair article about growing flowers.
bella on December 19, 2017:
hi love the articles but Im doing a lab that the title is: will a flower grow faster and more efficiently in cold or hot water but I don't know that purpose is? or the hypothesis.
katie eldeen on December 14, 2017:
ok thankyou so much you have been very helpful I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 12, 2017:
Hi Katie--I'd start with an example of when the physics of motion is helpful, or used, or happens in daily life. To decide which sort of motion to research, I'd go to some physics websites (or even Wikipedia) and look up the different kinds and see which one you find most interesting, or which one you think you could find the most information about. Sometimes, I suggest that before choosing a topic that students do some preliminary research, looking for information. If you can't find anything useful in 30 minutes or so, you should probably choose another topic.
katie eldeen on December 11, 2017:
hi Virginia, I love your articles. I'm doing a 10-15 page research paper on physics of motion. this is a huge topic and I really need a good attention grabber. I have no idea what section of motion I'm going to be discussing, I also need some advice there. if you could help I would really appreciate it
firstname.lastname@example.org on December 05, 2017:
I need this for my science and research class. I could see it's of great help.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 04, 2017:
Hi Mega Sai, It would be a good idea for you to look at my other articles about how to write research papers and argument papers.
Mega Sai on December 04, 2017:
hi ,i am so much intrested in doing research on an intresting topic thatsy i have selected the topic related to nano materials.can any one give an idea how to approach in the topic related to nanomaterials
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 30, 2017:
Hi Katie--You might want to look at my article on Technology topics because that has information about physical science topics. If you are working on Creationism, you might want to see my article about "Can Christians believe in Evolution?
katie eldeen on November 29, 2017:
I need a cool topic about physical science, can you help?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 08, 2017:
Good point, Jenna--I'll add a Chemistry section.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 08, 2017:
Good point Jenna--I'll add a Chemistry section.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 03, 2017:
Yes, Eli--astronomy is the study of the universe and that is part of science.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on October 11, 2017:
Marley, you have a good idea about endangered animals. Here are some samples: How do we best save endangered animals? Or you can pick a specific one to talk about. How do we balance the interests of people and animals on our planet? Does buying up land and setting it aside as a nature refuge work to save endangered animals? Does Ecotourism help save endangered animals?
Marley on October 11, 2017:
Maybe topics about endangered animals? Those are very interesting to me and other people.
Dameon on October 03, 2017:
infectious diseases like the flesh eating disease is interesting to read about.
lauren on September 22, 2017:
really interested in molecular biology and genome mapping
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on September 22, 2017:
Sure Samantha, although I don't know what information is available on that topic. You can search for "dog communication" in Google Scholar to get some idea of any studies that have already been done.
Samantha on September 22, 2017:
we are doing a project for science and i want to do a project on how dogs communicate, would that be related to science?
mahnoor on September 20, 2017:
please add some plant related topics
Anonymous on September 08, 2017:
Interested in animals
maria on August 27, 2017:
interested in moleculer biology and medicine
Ahmed on August 25, 2017:
I am Interest in Data and communication network specially in performance analysis of VoIP over Wimax networks
Tshivhinda Murunwa on August 24, 2017:
Thank you so much
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on August 23, 2017:
Hi Celeste--I have many different science fair project ideas with full instructions. Look at my profile for ideas.
Riley Bozarth on August 23, 2017:
Plenty of cool topics in the Astronomy and Physics category
Celeste on August 23, 2017:
I am at school and I wanna ask. What would be a good project for science research class? Were having difficulty picking a project for our 'science fair'. It isn't really a science fair though more like a presentation. What good ideas can I use with like space stuff?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on August 20, 2017:
EunJae, you might want to look at my science experiment about the salinity of water in agriculture.
EunJae on August 20, 2017:
How about in agricultural aspects? Are there any common problems that arising nowadays? I really need help. Thank you.
kabiru on August 19, 2017:
it was interesting
Yusuf kurt on August 19, 2017:
I'm really interested in theoretical physics
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on August 11, 2017:
Hi Lily, I have a lot of different science fair projects I have designed. The one that seems to suit your idea best is "How does salt water affect seed germination." It is on owlcation, and you can find it by searching my profile page or googling it, or this link: https://owlcation.com/stem/Science-Project-How-Doe...
Lily on August 11, 2017:
Hi Virginia. I have a science fair coming up and I need help for a topic. So I've already put down environmental management as my topic and "destruction" as my heading because I was going to conduct an experiment on something else. But now that won't work and I'm planning on doing a research project. So do you have any ideas of what I could say that has anything to do with the destruction of the earth? It would help if you would reply ASAP. Thanks xxx
email@example.com on August 05, 2017:
Thank you for this information and I am learning from you
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 29, 2017:
Hi Annie, you might try one of the following: Do multi media science presentations work more effectively to help students retain information? Which type of multi media teaching method is most effective for science students?
Annie Blase on July 29, 2017:
hi! ..I would like to have a research on teaching science through multimedia,, any suggestions what would be a good topic? Thank you..
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 10, 2017:
Jessica--Good topic idea! Something like: What is the value of space exploration of other planets for humans?
Jessica Jones on July 10, 2017:
I think something on how looking at other planets in the universe helps us learn more about our own would be a good topic
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 19, 2017:
Hi Suzie! You've come to the right place. I have over 100 articles on writing and other articles on doing science projects. You can see my articles under my profile or just search for a topic. You can also see other articles written by me linked on the side.
Suzie Sheep on June 19, 2017:
Hello Mrs. I would like some more tips for my students in my class. They all need a project on something. Cheers.
Mini on June 18, 2017:
Thank you so much ma'am
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 17, 2017:
Hi Mini--I will add some microbiology topics. Thanks for the suggestion. Here are a couple of ideas taken from currently important research: What is the recent update on the Corynebacterium species and their clinical significance? What are the best ways for medical personnel to handle the growing problem of antibacterial resistance? Can older techniques like anti-microbial peptides be used effectively to treat bacteria?
Mini on June 17, 2017:
I would like to know some potential research topics related to medical microbiology. I am currently doing my bachelor's in microbiology.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 15, 2017:
Hi Gaea and Meeme, I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for in applied science but you might want to check out my science fair experiments or else look at my topics regarding technology topics.
Meeme on June 15, 2017:
hello :) your ideas are great but is there any physical science experiment? just a simple experiment please? we're already on experimental research.
Gaea on June 15, 2017:
Hi, the ideas are all great, but I'm looking for a topic for experimental research on physical or as they call it, applied science. Can you help me with that?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 12, 2017:
Hi Purple--You might want to look at my article about Technology Topics. That one includes more links to articles. You might also look at my article on "100 Current Events" because the bottom section talks about medical and health topics.
Purple on June 11, 2017:
Hi, the ideas are pretty good but i'm looking for a quantitative research or experimental research related to the medical field. I have seen some from the given topics but i'm hoping there's more. :)
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 07, 2017:
Hi JJ-Try looking at my article on technology topics because that has a lot of links to help you out. If you are actually doing a science experiment and not just a research paper, I have a lot of different step-by-step experiments too. You can find them by going to my profile page.
Jj on June 07, 2017:
Are there easy topics that a secondary student could handle. Your ideas are good but its hard
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on May 17, 2017:
Hi Anne--You might want to look at my article on 100 Technology ideas. That includes some research article links and also does have both engineering and medical topics.
Anne Nonaemusk on May 17, 2017:
Just wanted to say that this website is very helpful in our PR 1, but my classmate and I are still confused on what research topic to tackle. I'm pursuing the medical field (STEM); my friend's engineering (STEM). Could you please suggest some topics for the both of us? We'd also greatly appreciate suggestions coming from the fellow readers.
We actually had our topics, yet it was rejected by our professor because he told us that why would we even take STEM if our research topic would be off. So, we're struggling now in changing our topic. Please reply ASAP? Thank you very much! -A. N.
Ananya on May 12, 2017:
Great! Thanks for the ideas!
Everest on May 12, 2017:
These are really great topics, some just give me an existential crisis though.
Cristina Narvaez on May 12, 2017:
Very helpful and mind blowing topics..
austinedgmon on May 11, 2017:
this site is cool and helpful
Mike on May 10, 2017:
Thank you for your collection of topics.
fghhfghf on May 04, 2017:
this site is very usefull