College Scholarships for Children With a Deceased Parent
There are many types of college scholarships, and most people think about the most popular such as academic and athletic. There are music, competition, and ethnic scholarships as well. There are a lot of students who want to attend college, but these students don't know what funds are available to them. There are scholarships awarded because of special circumstances - you just have to look for them. Have you ever heard of occupational scholarships? That's another Hub.
There are students who have lost a parent or maybe even lost both parents. There are scholarships for you. I've known of students who when they lost a parent decided to drop out of college to assist their family financially by getting a job. You don't have to do this because there are college scholarships for kids with a deceased parent. Parents want their children to be successful and if it were your parent or parents' dream for you to graduate from college, then let that dream for you be the driving force for you to graduate from college.
Aretta J. Graham Scholarship
- If you are a student attending the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of ACES, this scholarship will be awarded to you if you have lost one or both parents.
David J. Ewing Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to students of the University of North Texas who have lost a parent.
Families of Freedom
- For students who lost a parent in the September 9/11 attacks this scholarship is for you.
LIFE Lessons Scholarship Program
- If you write an essay or produce a video about how losing a parent has affected your life, this scholarship is for you. Make sure when telling your story to reiterate the effect of the loss of income has had on your family. Explain that the scholarship would help you to accomplish your goal of obtaining a degree, and how, you believe, that by having a college degree will assist you in becoming a participative citizen - a citizen that can be productive in society.
MaryEllen Locher Foundation
- If your mother died from breast cancer or from complications of breast cancer, then this scholarship is for you.
- Scholarships are available to students who have lost their parents due to work-place violence. I knew of a supervisor I worked with who lost a daughter due to work-place violence. This type of loss is something most people don't think about, but it happens. Over the years, we've heard reported by the news media that there have been shootings by disgruntled workers.
- Kids' Chance, Inc. National Organization
Kids' Chance, Inc. was created for the purpose of creating, assisting and supporting Kids' Chance organizations throughout the United States and other similar programs that provide educational opportunities and scholarships for the children of worker
Single Parent Home Scholarship
- If you live in a single parent household - check out this scholarship. Unfortunately, single parent households appear to be on the rise, but there is financial aid for the children in these households who want to attend college.
Orphan Foundation of America
This foundation offers scholarships for youth in the foster care system.
- Foster Care to Success
Support a deserving student through foster care into college.
Iris-Samuel Rothman Scholarship
This scholarships is applicable to male students who have lost both parents or who have lost their Mom and do not have their father in their lives.
Crane Fund for Widows and Children Scholarship- Orphan
Widows and orphaned children are elligible for this scholarship.
Other Scholarships for Military children with deceased parents.
The Army Emergency Relief assists children of soldiers obtain a 4 year degree. The soldier may be retired, on active duty, or deceased.
Iowa War Orphans Scholarship
- War Orphans Educational Aid, sponsored by Iowa Program for War Orphans, Veterans Affairs Division
War Orphans Educational Aid, sponsored by Iowa Program for War Orphans, Veterans Affairs Division
World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship - for individuals who lost their loved ones in one of the most horrific attacks on the United States of America.
All About Pink Scholarship
All About Pink Scholarship - for those with a parent who succumbed to breast cancer.
W.H. "HOWIE" MCCLENNAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND
This scholarship fund supports the families of fire fighters and paramedics killed in the line of duty.
Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation Grants
This foundation provides college scholarships and educational counseling to military children who have lost a parent in the line of duty.
The Huntley Wealth Care Scholarship
Helping students attend college who have lost a parent.
Army Emergency Relief where the Army has been taking care of its own since 1942.
For scholarship information check out your state's Veterans' Affairs Office.
Forgotten Dependents Scholarship Program
- Forgotten Dependents Scholarship Program - Government Grants News | startgrants.com
This website offers information on Forgotten Dependents Scholarship Program. So enjoy reading the articles on Forgotten Dependents Scholarship Program and share your thougts.