Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Looking for farewell messages to send or email to your teacher and mentor, but lack the zeal to really write good wordings in a goodbye speech, card or note? This article contains sayings that will inspire you to get ideas on what to write or say. Express gratitude to your mentor/teacher that retired or leaving and let him or her know how much you valued the time and effort he or she had invested in you.
Here are some examples of farewell or retirement messages that you can write in a card, speech, email or text to them to show how much you appreciate their care and support into helping you succeed as a professional. Get your farewell speech or goodbye note wording's ideas from the list below and then write your own unique message to show how much your mentor and teacher mean to you and how much he or she will be missed by you.
You can send these goodbye messages via text/SMS, email, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, IM or any of the social networking sites.
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to your mentor and teacher. Use these to inspire your note or card's wording.
1. I wish that you have many, many more days to spend with us. You are a special person to all of us, we love you and we will greatly miss your words of wisdom and encouragement. Goodbye!
2. Words cannot express how painful it was when we heard of your retirement. You have been an inspiration to all of us in the department, and a mentor that we always look up to. We pray God gives you the strength and wisdom to continue the good work you are known for. Goodbye my mentor!
3. You have been an inspiration to many of us in the office to strive to be better members of staff by working as a team towards achieving the organization goals. May you enjoy your retirement and you have no cause to fear as you have played your role as a good mentor and have prepared many of us to continue with your great work. Farewell!
4. Learning under this atmosphere will never be the same without a teacher like you. I hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness as usual. Farewell and thank you for being my inspiration!
5. Not only have I enjoyed working with you; I have also gained experience on how to build a good reputation, be loyal and stand by our family, friends and country. Farewell and good luck!
6. It looks like an exciting prospect for you, but we your mentees still can’t believe it that you’re leaving us. Goodbye!
7. Thank you for the knowledge that you have imparted on me. Your love for success has no end. Thank you for being there for me. I will miss your kind words. Goodbye!
8. Words cannot describe how blessed we are to be among those that were trained during the time of an icon like you. Truly, we will miss your mentorship skills! Farewell!
9. Congratulations on your retirement! Thank you for all the years of unselfish service to our great country and for leading by example. May you continue to find success wherever you may find yourself. Goodbye my great mentor!
10. Thank you for the knowledge and skill you have given me and continue to give each day. I wish you long life in this country you have helped to groom young leaders like me.
11. It’s indeed a great pleasure to share this special time with you. You are a tower of strength and knowledge. If the world can have more people like you, indeed the world would be a much better place to make a living. We are who we are today, much to your efforts in a team and as a leader. Goodbye and hope to see you again!
12. Some people thought, finding a knowledgeable and competent teacher like you is not an easy task. I thank God for making it easy for me to connect with you. You have been my role model ever since I joined the team. Farewell sir!
13. With your perseverance and endurance to teach people what they ought to know, you have changed the negative attitude of many of us to work. As you move to your new place today, may God's mercy and endless blessings be upon you. May you continue to be a guidance and inspiration for all! We love you and all our best wishes are with you. Goodbye!
14. We join our colleagues in appreciating the knowledge you have imparted on us. We will always look up to you, your boldness and selflessness will always guide us. And to let you know that the knowledge you have imparted will remain in our minds forever.
15. You are a father, hero and my role model. All these years, you have given me inspiration, motivation, and the much needed knowledge to excel in my chosen profession. All my best wishes are with you wherever you may be. Farewell!
16. Let me use this note to let you know how interesting it was working with someone like you and to bid you goodbye. Thank you for your time and effort spent in helping me succeed as a professional. I will miss you and think of you always.
17. I wish you nothing but peace, love and happiness. Hope you have all that wonderful things life has to offer in your new place. I’m seriously missing you here. Goodbye and I hope you will visit us when you have the time to do so.
18. You have been my source of inspiration and motivation. Working under your leadership was the most fulfilling moment of my life. I wish you endless happiness and love. Goodbye to a great mentor ever!
19. The knowledge you have imparted is a treasure that will forever remain in my heart and I promise to pass it on to my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. May God grant you all your wishes as you move!
20. Thank you for the motivation, knowledge and insight that you have given to all of us. Thank You for being there for us all the time. And we thank you for the time and effort you have spent on us. Goodbye and we hope to see you again!
21. Leaders like you are not many in this generation. Your knowledge, vision and wisdom in turning this world into a place of hope and peace are of great importance to our generation. We promise you that we will continue to follow your path to greatness. Goodbye!
22. It has been a pleasure working with a mentor like you. I hope for your success in your new role. May you have fun and sweet experience abroad!
It's time to vote. Please, let your vote count!
23. Thank you for the support, guidance and encouragement you have provided for me during my time as the Regional Manager of our company. Even though I’ll miss my colleagues and this our great company, I’m looking forward to this new role and to start a new phase of my career. Goodbye!
24. You’ve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I treasured so much. However, this is the right time when we have to part ways not for death but for success. Goodbye and I hope to see you soon!
25. Your ideals and work have changed many lives positively. I thank you for your sacrifice and for letting us to know that goal without a plan is a mere dream. It’s a pity that we don’t know how long it will take us to get people like you who will continue with your good work. Goodbye!
26. By emulating your good example of sacrifice, motivation, courage, foresight, consistency, appreciation and self-discovery, I know for sure that I will always succeed wherever I may find myself. I thank you for the time and effort spent. Goodbye!
27. Thank you for being the greatest mentor that ever lived. You are not only our teacher, but a true leader that we should all emulate. Farewell!
A handwritten note of thanks is what you need to express your heartfelt gratitude for all the valuable skills and knowledge that you have gained from your teacher and mentor. Get your wording's ideas for your note from the sample below and then write your own unique farewell letter to your tutor, coach, and mentor.
You are an exceptional teacher who is highly committed to promoting discipline and excellence in the education sector. Thank you for all your help, support, guidance, and cooperation you have shown to us over the years. Your outstanding advice and effort towards bringing out the best in us are immeasurable.
Thank you for being very passionate about teaching future business leaders everything that they needed to know, and for making your class engaging and fun to learning. We will never forget all your valuable contributions and useful advice.
We will really miss you and your special teaching skills. As you leave the school, we wish you all the best for the rest of your life and hope you will keep in touch with us from time to time.
Students at Lagos Business School
Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. First of all, let me thank everyone here today for honoring this invitation to bid our mentor goodbye. However, no matter how daunting it could be to say goodbye to someone that have spent time and effort into helping us succeed, we need to appreciate all the beautiful moments our mentor spent with us.
His valuable contributions to this organization and to us individually will forever be remembered. Thank you for your inspiration to all, young and old. Throughout your stay with us, you’ve worked so hard to provide us a happy life; you’ve been there to help and give useful advice, and you did all these without racial discrimination, which of course is one of the attributes of a good leader. We have spent many great days together, however, now we are getting separated not for death but for good.
Words cannot express how painful it was when we heard that you’re leaving. You have been an inspiration to all of us, and a mentor that we always look up to. It’s indeed a great pleasure to share this special time with you. You are a tower of strength and knowledge. If the world can have more people like you, indeed the world would be a much better place to make a living. We are who we are today, much to your efforts in a team and as a leader. We pray God gives you the strength and wisdom to continue the good work you are known for.
Like you use to tell us, “no person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the success of those under him”. Sir, leaders like you are not many in this generation. Your knowledge, vision, and wisdom in turning this place into a place of hope and peace are of great importance to our generation. The knowledge you have imparted is a treasure that will remain in our heart forever, and today we promise to pass it on to our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. And we are going to follow your path to greatness. We will really miss you.
On behalf of my colleagues, I wish you all the very best for the rest of your life as you move.
Thank you very much.
If you have any need to comment on what you’ve just read, now is the time. Share your thoughts in the comments below!
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin
Eric on October 30, 2019:
Oluwadepo Victor on May 27, 2019:
They are very lovely farewell messages.
I hope that you continue.
God bless you.
Fizza on March 18, 2019:
This is amazing
Anjali p on November 27, 2018:
Very helpful. thank you.
Ankitha.s on September 09, 2018:
Teacher is best part of my life
Ruthma on May 24, 2018:
Infinite excellent ......... A big thanks to the author who wrote this incredible speech.
Brida on May 08, 2018:
It's very helpful...
Kim Hyo Seok on March 18, 2018:
this all make me cry about my pt
an dime on March 17, 2018:
thank you it was helpful speech
Aafrin on February 21, 2018:
Thanks for this really it's very helpful
linda on January 30, 2018:
thanks a lot. i really found this helpful.
Ellen Liederman on November 29, 2017:
very helpful when you are placed on the spot.
Nyandayomkhonto on August 28, 2017:
thank you very much indeed its the best
uma on August 20, 2017: