I live in India, and I speak Hindi, Punjabi and English very well. I have also been learning some more languages.
Colors make life cheerful. Different colors have different meanings for us, and it's important to understand their nomenclature in any language you're speaking. In this article, we will discuss the names of 10 different colors in the Italian language.
The Italian names of the colors have been provided alongside their English translations to help English readers learn them.
|#||Color Name in English||Color Name in Italian|
Nero (Masculine)/Nera (Feminine)
Rosso (Masculine)/Rossa (Feminine)
Giallo (Masculine)/Gialla (Feminine)
The translation of the word "color" in the Italian language is "colore."
The Italian translation for the word "white" is blanca.
The masculine translation of the word "black" in the Italian language is nero, while the feminine translation of the word is nera.
The word "green" translates to verde in the Italian language.
The Italian name for the color "brown" is marrone.
The color "red" has the masculine meaning rosso in the Italian language, while the feminine word for "red" is rossa.
Read More From Owlcation
The Italian word for the yellow color is giallo in masculine context and gialla for feminine ones.
The name for the word "blue" in the Italian language is blu.
The word "orange" translates to arancione in the Italian language.
The name for the "purple" color in the Italian language is viola.
The word "pink" translates to rosa in the Italian language.
It's quiz time now!
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- What is the translation of the word "white" in the Italian language?
- What is the feminine name for the color "black" in the Italian language?
- What would you call the green color in the Italian language?
- What is the name for the color brown in the Italian language?
- What is the masculine translation of the word "red" in Italian?
- What is the feminine translation of the word "yellow" in the Italian language?
© 2020 Sourav Rana