Best Inventions of the 1960s
The Amazing Medical Field
At times today, there may be some controversy on certain inventions and innovations in the medical field. Sometimes these devices at times, can fail because they are made by humans. On the other hand, without these creations that are life changing, life will be without any help. New challenges are far as new diseases are up against our doctors and our medical teams. We depend on the research of these very important people, each day we depend on the discovery of new technologies to combat them.
Saving lives whether it be in the form of a doctor, nurse, physical therapist, hospice nurse, is the way that many people make a living for themselves and all the time providing a way of life for their families. This is the job titles of different people all over the world because, there are sick people all over the world. This is an everyday part of life for medical staff at hospitals and having top notch equipment. This is vital in saving lives. With most equipment and testing such as CT, PET Scan, x-rays, being digital, makes life easier as far as, getting the results back faster.
This is great until the internet goes down and you can't retrieve what you need to review to treat the patient..
A Wide Variety of Inventions
1. Artificial Heart (1969): A very smart device that replaces the heart as it is a bridge the time to heart transplant. What an amazing device. Thousands of lives have been saved because of this invention. This invention in the medical field has improved drastically over the last few decades. Improvements with technology, allow doctors to get a more timely diagnosis. This is a major invention and it keeps getting improved upon every so often.
2. Hand Held Calculator (1967): A great device for a person like me. I have never been able to do math problems in my head. I use my calculator to figure percentages usually while shopping in a department store. Nowadays, calculators are made into phones and also have multiple functions. The smart phone is just that, it is very smart. Before smart phones, nurses might need to use them to figure out a patient's IV medication. I can type my name in the calculator. The numbers are 317537. Then turn the calculator upside down and it shows my name.
3. Audio Cassette Tapes (1962): This was an awesome addition to my teenage years. My love for music only grew from there. Just slightly before my time, there were 8 track tape. They were big and bulky and had very little space for the music. So, when cassette tapes came along we were excited. You played the tape and then flipped it around to hear side 2. There were disadvantages to cassette tapes, in the fact that the tape can come out of the cassette housing. It can be fed back into the tape at times if it's not too bent up.
4. Computer Mouse (1964): This neat little invention will fit into the palm of your hand and helps you navigate on your computer. First there was the version with the cord. This would limit your moving very far from the computer. There is even a wireless version that makes this device very easy to do. The mouse has many uses for games, videos, pictures the desk top in general.
5. Electronic Fuel Injection (1967): Because of this invention, there are cars that burn fuel cleaner and more efficient. We all are interested in having cleaner air in our neighborhoods. Also, the vehicle has a higher life expectancy when it is fuel injection powered.
6. Basic Computer Language (1964): BASIC stands for Beginner's All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. Designed in 1964, this program boasts that it is easy to use and easy to navigate through. It set a higher standard for computing technology which paved the way for bigger and better devices and innovations. This allows deaf to have a language and a way to communicate, all their own.
7. ATM (1969): Automated Teller Machine. A very convenient way to quickly get money from a machine outside the bank. You just drive up and remove the money. It really cuts down on lines and having to go into a bank. Some ATM machines disperse stamps and allow you to deposit cash.
8. (Random Access Memory) or RAM (1968): This is a form of computer data storage. The first RAM modules to come into the market were created in the year 1951 and were sold until the late 1960s and early 1970s. This is how our computers back in the day, stored our work from the computer.
9. Halogen Lamps (1960): Replaced gas powered lamps therefore, saving the customer money and the lamps lasted a lot longer. The invention of these lamps allowed patrons to have their entire household lit up at one time. This invention led to other lamp innovations that we use in our households today. It is amazing how spoiled we are with electricity. We feel like we must have the lights on each time we walk into the room.
10. Acrylic Paint (early 1960s): Known to be a fast drying paint that becomes water resistant after drying.This is a great paint that I use for my projects around the house and I also would let children use it as well. It was invented in 1946, and has many uses from paintings to painting at your home.
Please share your thoughts on this hub and what your favorite invention from this era is. Just leave your opinions in the comments box located at the bottom of this page.
Which is the Best Invention?
Which is The Best Invention of The 1960s?
Inventions of the 60s
Links To Inventions
- Best Inventions of the 1990s
Beepers, Internet, DVDS, fuel cells, Jack Packs and the Smart Pill are featured here.
- Best Inventions of the 1940s
The microwave oven, Silly Putty, Velcro, Tupperware and the transistor radio are featured.
- Best Inventions of the 1950s
The credit card, Super Glue, Hover Craft, hoola hoops, and the computer mouse were invented in this era.
- Best Inventions of the 1920s
Traffic lights, bandaids, hair dryers, and sliced bread.
- Best Inventions of the 1930s
The helicopter, the ballpoint pen, fiberglass, and the jet engine are documented in this article.
The Heart is The Best Invention
Of all the inventions the artificial heart is the best because it saved lives. The heart is something that has been studied for many years. Doctors have amazing technology in diagnostic testing that allows the physician to make an educated decision as to what treatment is needed.
Over the decades the artificial heart has been improved upon and is a great piece of medical equipment.
© 2012 lesliebyars