List of Easy Essay Topic Ideas
- Pick a sport of your choice. Explain which is more enjoyable for fans: college or professional sports?
- What sport is more exciting to watch: football, soccer, baseball, basketball or something else?
- Who is the best Quarterback of all time? (or choose another position in football to discuss)
- Who is currently the best pitcher? Or you can talk about the best pitcher of all time.
- What is the difference between right and left handed pitchers or batters? How does this change the play of the game?
- What is a curve ball? Or a knuckleball? How does a pitcher learn to throw and what difference does it make in the game?
- Who was the best player in the most recent World Cup?
- What is the best sport for exercise for people over 50?
- What does it really take to be excellent in a sport? Pick a sport you know and give vivid details about training, workouts, preparation for a competition or game and/or the experience of a competition.
- What causes professional athletes to make major mistakes, such as World Cup players kicking the ball into their own goal?
- Which sport is the best one to play in high school?
- Pick a sport that you think needs to be added to your school program and give reasons why this sport would enhance the experience of students.
- Which sport is the most dangerous for young people? Are there sports that should be banned from schools?
- If you could be a World Class athlete in any sport, what would you choose? Why?
- What is the most difficult sport to play?
Essay Topic Poll
Are you going to write your essay
Healthy Living Topics
- How can creative or funny ads like the "Rethink Breast Cancer: Your Man Reminder" make people take care of their health better?
- Does not getting enough sleep affect your health? How much sleep do young people really need?
- Have you been in the hospital for a test or a surgery? Describe your experience.
- Have you experienced an injury from a sport? Describe what it takes to recover from an injury and the best medical advice you got to help you recover.
- Are supplements really helpful to health? Describe a supplement you believe in and explain why you believe it works.
- How important is it to eat a balanced diet and take vitamins? Do you follow the doctor's advice?
- Lots of people follow gluten-free diets. Other people avoid meat or sugar. Describe a special diet you know about and explain how it helps health.
- Scoliosis is a problem for many young adults. How can this be treated and what are the problems this disease causes for people over the course of their lifetime.
- Have you participated in a health non-profit organization's work (examples: Jump Rope for Heart, Giving blood, or Susan B. Komen run). Why is it important for people to support these organizations? Give your experience to back up your reasons.
- Are soft drinks like Coke, Pepsi, 7-up and Dr. Pepper really dangerous to your health? Should you avoid them?
- Should BMI reports be included on report cards to report on student's health? Does testing for weight and obesity violate a student's right to privacy. Does a poor health report card actually help encourage better health practices?
- Can banning sweets, sodas, and fast food at schools promote better eating and health among school kids?
- How can schools best promote exercise and good health? Should physical education be a part of every day a child is in school? How much recess? Should children be forced to run a certain amount?
- Most schools require health education. Are these classes useful and effective at promoting good lifelong health? What should be included in the curriculum?
- Should people have surgery to correct defects or imperfections in their body? Is corrective surgery a good part of mental health?
- Does stress make you sick?
Does Humor Work Best in Ads?
- Do ad campaigns like Dove’s “Real Women” actually help women to have a better body image?
- What can a woman do who faces domestic violence?
- Pick a television series and discuss how it portrays women in a positive or negative way. Does it promote or break stereotypes?
- Compare a television series from the past with a current one. How have portrayals of men and women changed? How have stereotypes stayed the same?
- How does the portrayal of race in advertisements affect women positively or negatively?
- Examine a current magazine geared at women. What does this magazine portray about how women should think, do or believe about themselves? Are there conflicting messages?
- How does being abused as a child affect a woman’s relationship with her own children? With men?
- Why are so many women depressed?
- What is the best way to help a friend with an eating disorder?
- Why do women become prostitutes?
- What is feminism? Are you a feminist? Why or why not?
- What advantages are there for a woman who stays at home when her children are young?
- Is it better to be a woman than a man? What are the advantages of being a woman?
- How are women's friendships different than men's friendships?
- Why are women jealous of one another?
Education Paper Ideas
- The "Take the Poop to the Loo (toilet)" video was made by UNICEF to educate people in developing nations to use toilet facilities (see video below). How well does humor work to educate people?
- How should college campuses and police departments handle binge drinking?
- Colleges concerned with campus security sometimes put curfews on residents or restrict male/female visiting hours. What is the right balance between safety and freedom?
- Is it really necessary to get a college degree? Is a college degree worth it?
- States like Texas automatically admit the top 10% or so of high school graduates in a class to their public Universities. Argue for or against this practice.
- Do high schools offer a better education for students today than they did for their parents
- Is grade inflation a reality? Should schools and colleges go back to more vigorous grading?
- Is it a good idea for students to take a “gap year” to travel , work or volunteer before going to college?
- How important is it to learn a foreign language? Should schools require (or encourage) foreign language or study abroad?
- Categorize and explain the social groups at your High School.
- Is boarding school a good idea? What type of student benefits from living away from home?
- What are the benefits of going to an all-female or all-male school?
- Do school uniforms make a better school environment? Are they easier and cheaper for parents? Would you recommend them for schools to adopt? Why or why not?
- Should schools allow pregnant teens to continue to attend? Should there be a day care on campus?
- Is promoting birth control in the schools a good idea?
- Is it a good idea for students to skip grades? Should there be an easier way to test out of having to take courses in school or a better way to graduate early?
Can you Educate People using Videos?
- Pick a successful business like Starbucks, Apple, Target or other Fortune 500 company, or pick a prosperous local business in your community. Explain why that business has done so well. What have they done to attract customers, brand their product and present it appealingly?
- Should businesses be proactive about helping their employees keep their weight in the correct BMI? If so, what should they do?
- Does promoting something as “green,” “recycled,” or “reducing your carbon footprint” really help sell products?
- What is white collar crime? How does it harm everyone?
- Is it important for things to be “made in the U.S.A”?
- Are Christian businesses like Chick-fil-a and Hobby Lobby promoting an effective business model by not being open on Sundays?
- In spite of a lot of progress, men still make more money than women for similar work. Explain why this is so. Is there something we should do about it?
- Is Cybersecurity important? How is your country trying to keep cyberspace safe? How much privacy should citizens be willing to give up?
- What are the limits government should have in investigating businesses and regulating them for terrorism?
- How should businesses choose employees? What is the most important: education, grades, test scores, interviews, recommendations, internships or some other criteria?
- What is the responsibility of colleges and Universities to help their graduates find jobs?
- Does letting someone work from home have disadvantages in terms of productivity? How important is it for people in a company to meet face to face?
- Should businesses offer on-site childcare? What are the benefits for companies?
- Should people support local businesses rather than shopping on-line?
- Is it ethical to buy something, use it, and then bring it back?
Environment Paper Ideas
- Is drinking bottled water a good or bad thing to do?
- Which is more important: saving a species or encouraging development of land so that people have more jobs?
- Should the people of Flint Michigan be compensated for the contamination of their drinking water?
- Should we develop more public transportation in the U.S. so that there is less pollution due to cars?
- Should people pack lunches in reusable containers? Is it worth it to take that trouble?
- Are disposable diapers worse for the environment than reusable cloth diapers?
- Should people support the grow local and buy local movement to help the environment?
- Is nuclear energy a good or bad choice for your country?
- Would you pay more for all renewable energy like wind or solar? Why or why not?
- Is there such a thing as "noise pollution?"
- Why don't people pick up their trash?
- Why don't people recycle more? How can we best encourage recycling?
- How important is protecting the environment?
- What is the biggest environmental issue that will face your generation?
- Do zoos help or hurt animals?
- Can we stop the destruction of our environment?
- Are hunters good or bad for the environment?
- Should commercial fishing be banned to protect ocean creatures that are caught and killed accidentally?
- Is it ethical to eat wild salmon or the meat of other wild creatures?
- Does becoming a vegetarian help or hurt the environment?
Questions & Answers
What do you think of the essay topic "Do zoos help or hurt animals?"
That is an interesting topic idea, and it suggests to me a few more possible questions that could be easy to write about:
Do zoo conservation efforts actually help?
Should people concerned about the environment support zoos?
What is the best way to help endangered species?
What makes a zoo environment good for animals?Helpful 12
What do you think of the topic, "What is white collar crime, and how does it harm everyone?" for an essay.
White collar crime is an interesting topic. The way you have worded it assumes a particular answer. Usually, it is better to word a topic so that a person could answer it at least two different ways. That means making the topic "arguable," which makes it interesting to read and gives you a chance to persuade the audience to your point of view. Here are some other ways to word this topic:
For an explaining essay: "What is"white collar" crime and how is it different from "blue collar" crime?"
For an arguing essay: Is "White collar crime" harmful? Who does it harm?"
"How important is it to fight against white collar crime? Should we be more concerned about it?"Helpful 10
What do you think of the essay "Does stress make you sick?"
You want to avoid essay topics that have a yes or no answer. Try one of the following:
1. What happens to a person's body when they feel stressed?
2. How does stress affect our health?
3. How important is stress in causing us to become ill?Helpful 2