Here are some possible topic questions:
1. Does being taught about other cultures in a school setting help children to be appreciative of other cultures?
2. Is participating in holiday celebrations of other cultures a way to learn to appreciate those cultures better?
3. How important is it to appreciate other cultures?
4. What does it mean to be appreciative of other cultures?
5. Can we solve the problem of divisiveness and racism by helping people understand and appreciate other cultures?
To write your essay, you would need to choose one of the above topics and then write an answer to that question, which would become your thesis. The reasons for the answer would be the body of your essay, and what you thought your reader should think, do, or believe after reading your essay would be the conclusion.