When writing for print publication, you need to choose a particular magazine that you are interested in writing for. While an article might be able to be written for several magazines, you will have better chances for success in getting published if you write according to the style guide and content of one particular magazine. That means you need first to find a magazine and then study both their instructions and their content.
Every magazine has their own style guide, so that is the place to start. Look in the magazine for information about how to submit and how to get information about what they want from writers. Magazines have to sort through a lot of submissions, and so they will probably give you many clear guidelines, and it is important to follow those closely. Secondly, your best way to understand those guidelines is to look at them while reading articles in that magazine. Here are some steps:
1. I'd suggest that you go to the library and look through the last year of the issues of that magazine.
2. Find a couple of articles that look like the one you want to write.
3. Read them carefully, taking note of the style, the tone, the length of sentences, and the type of content.
4. Outline the article and take a word count of each paragraph.
5. Take that outline and use it to write an outline of your article.
6. Write your article. You can use many of the tips I give here.