The places which fall in Zone 2 seismicity are least vulnerable or safest from hazards of earthquakes.
List of places in Zone 2.
• Ajmer, Kota, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur in Rajasthan
• Allahabad, Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh
• Aurangabad, Nagpur in Maharashtra
• Bangalore, Mysore, Chitradurga, Gulbarga in Karnataka
• Bhilai, Raipur in Chhattisgarh
• Bhopal, Sironj in Madhya Pradesh
• Kurnool, Nagarjunasagar, Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
• Madurai, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu
• Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
• Rourkela, Orissa
Reference: National Disaster Management Plan, “Annexure-II: Hazard Vulnerability Maps for India” retrieved from the web on 4th April 2018
Best Current Affairs, "Seismic Zones in India" retrieved from the web on 4th April 2018