1. Tribalism undermines unity and development in a country. We can see Marua tribe was sidelined because they didn't have a representative. They were behind in various developmental sectors.
2. Every person has an equal opportunity in employment. The country was faced with nepotism. It isn't lawful for people of a certain tribe to be employed in an organization it government positions.
3. People should be left to marry who they want. Traditional beliefs shouldn't be forced on them. Also, one shouldn't be discouraged from marrying a person from a different race.
3. A leader should engage other people instead of taking it upon himself to solve issues facing a society. This will spell disaster. He should consult with the local leaders and experts. A person can't rely on his own judgement alone in all situations involving a mass of people.
4. We should never assume things because our assumptions is always never true. Remi assumed Thoni never loved him or didn't respect his feelings for her. The truth is that Remi was the one to tell her what he felt about her.