As a mom who has raised teenagers in the era of cellphones, I certainly am interested in this topic. I've had many students do topics along this vein. Here are some other ideas:
1. What effect does cell phones have on family relationships?
2. What causes teenagers to choose to communicate through texting rather than in person?
3. What is the effect of cell phones on teenage dating relationships?
4. How does cell phone use effect high school education?
5. What causes teachers to ban cell phone use in class?