Doing a paper on dreams would be interesting. I assume your question is how a person's waking moods are affected by what they dream that night. Most of the time, people reverse this question and consider how what is going on during the day influences dream life. Here are some other "dream" topics to consider:
1. Are real-life experiences always reflected in dreams?
2. What can be done to change our dreams?
3. How does dreaming influence our ability to think and make decisions?
4. Does remembering dreams help us to better cope with mental stress?
5. How important is it to journal our dreams?
6. Can we improve our sleep by paying attention to our dreams?
7. Can wearing fitness trackers that monitor our sleep help us to develop better sleep patterns?