A recommendation report is another name for a problem/solution essay. The difference is that the recommendation report is generally focused on improving a business or institution. Additionally, the recommendation report carefully examines all of the possible solutions, as well as their pros and cons, before making the final recommendation. The tone is more objective than argumentative. Since a recommendation report tends to be about a business, you can find a topic by thinking about the problems a business you know might face. This sort of report could also be written by a government agency trying to solve a problem through legislation. Here are some ideas:
1. What is the best way for colleges to choose who is accepted?
2. How can the appointment process be better managed at a health care clinic?
3. How can work schedules be better arranged for employees at a store or restaurant?
4.What is the best way for a business to advertise to increase sales?
5.What is the best management software a business can choose?
6. Which online computer registration system should a school district choose?
7.How can theft be best prevented from a shopping mall?
8. What sort of packaging would make the products of a small store stand out to potential customers at a boutique?
9. What is the best possible solution to the problem of funding Medicare?
10. How can schools best be protected from shooters?