Simple Symbol Personality Test
Simple Symbol Personality Test
Here is what you need to do for this very simple test. Find a sheet of blank paper and draw a picture or a design of anything you wish using each of the symbols shown below:
- The Triangle
- The Square
- The Circle
- The Squiggle
Draw each of the symbols one time and one of the symbols two times.
Note: Your drawing may include the symbols in any size you desire.
Once you've finished, do not add any other details.
Now examine the picture or design you drew. Is each of the four symbols drawn at least one time? Is only one of the symbols drawn twice? Excellent!
This personality test is based on the theory that we tend to be attracted to certain shapes and forms based on our personality, attitudes, education and the way our brain functions.
The symbol you chose to draw twice is your dominant personality. See descriptions of each symbol below.
For centuries, the triangle has symbolized leadership. Remember the ancient Egyptians? They buried their pharaohs, their leaders, in pyramids. And the triangle shape is a hierarchy – for the military, the government, the church and the organization – with the power concentrated at the top of the triangle.
- Of the four symbols, the Triangle most closely represents leadership. Triangles are ambitious and very interested in their careers.
- You are an overseer, an expediter, a leader, a person of action.
- Your mantra is "Get it done." You want to make things happen now. You ask others "when?" instead of "how?" or "why?"
- Your watchword is now. Not one day, not some time, not tomorrow, but now.
- You are often charismatic, a person who likes to be the boss and likes to give orders. You like to be in control.
- You are decisive – you like to make decisions – decisions for yourself and decisions for everyone else.
- You see yourself as assertive. Others may see you as aggressive.
- You may be a fan of someone like Donald Trump or General George S. Patton or former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- As a child, when using a coloring book and crayons, you had difficulty staying within the lines. You do not like restrictions.
- Your favorite game – what else? – is follow the leader.
- Films you might like the movies, "Patton," "Scarface," "JFK," "Erin Brockovich," "Wall Street."
- If you have a favorite song, it might be "All or Nothing at All" by Frank Sinatra. A favorite dance? The Tango – the dance of power.
- Your positive traits: leadership, decisiveness, ambition, focused, results-driven, self-motivated.
- Potential pitfalls: impatience, aggressiveness, self-centeredness.
- Potential career choices: CEO, president of a company, entrepreneur, executive, manager, supervisor, surgeon, attorney, politician, military officer, pilot, administrator.
Triangle’s Motto: "Follow me."
Of the four symbols, the square places the most emphasis on organization and structure.
- You are an organizer. You may be constantly organizing people and things around you. You are an excellent administrator who enjoys working with figures, statistics, programs, and software.
- Your mantra is "Get it right, even if it takes all night."
- Your watchword is, "How?"
- You believe in the status quo and work ethic. You want everything in the right place at the right time.
- You may be a fan of someone like Bill Gates.
- You enjoy collecting data and information to enter into a database, but others may see you as having a compulsive attention to detail.
- As a child, when using a coloring book and crayons, you tried to color within the lines. Your favorite toy may have been Legos (or Lincoln building blocks, depending on your age).
- Your favorite games include: bridge, chess, math, and crossword puzzles.
- Some of your favorite movies might be: "A Beautiful Mind" and most documentaries, including "March of the Penguins."
- If you have a favorite song, it might be "Why Don’t You Do Right?" by Jessica Rabbit. A favorite dance: the square dance with its clear-cut, do-not-deviate, instructions. Perhaps even the "Hokey Pokey."
- Your positive traits: organized, knowledgeable, analytical, patient, persevering, and generally neat.
- Potential pitfalls: you may be a procrastinator, a perfectionist, aloof, resistant to change, and meticulous.
- Potential career choices: CFO or COO, IT professional, programmer, systems analyst, statistician, accountant, professor, bookkeeper, executive assistant, medical specialist, teacher, auditor, government worker, editor.
Square’s motto: "Give me a deadline and I’ll get it done."
Of the four symbols, the circle is the most kind and caring. Your focus is to smooth the waters and keep the peace. You are the glue that holds the family or the work team together–that sensitive person who really cares about feelings.
- You are an optimist. You enjoy working in unison with others to get things done.
- Your mantra is, "Can’t we all just get along?"
- Your watchword is "Who?" (Who will be on the team?)
- You express kindness, caring, and concern. You are an excellent communicator because you are an effective listener and know how to establish empathy quickly. You are an excellent problem solver.
- Your hero may be someone like Florence Nightingale, Albert Schweitzer or Mother Teresa.
- You try to keep the peace but others may see you as trying too hard to please everyone.
- As a child, you enjoyed many games and sports, but in softball or baseball you were often the outfielder.
- Your favorite games may include bowling, badminton, tennis, shuffleboard and most team sports.
- Films you may want to see again are, “The Wizard of Oz," or the animated film, "Up."
- Your favorite song may be "Accentuate the Positive." Your favorite dance? the "Electric Slide."
- Your positive traits: friendly, persuasive, empathic, generous, and reflective.
- Potential pitfalls: indecisive, moody, manipulative, and you may have a tendency to get too personal.
- Potential career choices: doctor, nurse, teacher, human resource professional, psychologist, professor, historian, consultant, scout leader, administrative assistant, nun.
Circle’s motto: "Be positive and I will help you do it."
Of the four symbols, the squiggle is the most unique and the most creative.
- You are original and are always considering possibilities.
- Your mantra is, "Get it done ... differently."
- Your watchword is, "Why?" (Why do we have to do it that way? What are our alternatives?) You continually ask, "What if?"
- You are a future-oriented person.
- You are creative, imaginative, free form, and like to have fun and think out-of-the-box.
- Your hero may be someone like Albert Einstein, Erma Bombeck or Walt Disney.
- You see yourself as always looking for new ideas, new ways and new products. Others may sometimes consider you a little strange or far-out.
- As a child you preferred to draw your own original pictures, rather than color in a coloring book. You often colored trees purple, leaves yellow, and the sky green.
- Your favorite games are charades, musical chairs, and karaoke.
- Movies you may want to see again are, "Avatar" and animated films like "Despicable Me" and the “Shrek” series.
- Your favorite song may be "Mairzy Doats." Your favorite dance? You don't have one. You make up the steps as you go.
- Your positive traits: conceptual, creative, intuitive, expressive, motivating, witty, and inventive.
- Potential pitfalls: disorganized, impractical, unrealistic, illogical, eccentric, naïve, uninhibited.
- Potential career choices: writer, journalist, comedian, actor, creative director, marketing associate, sales associate, musician, scientist, researcher, entrepreneur, chef, public relations agent, inventor, real estate agent.
Squiggle’s motto: "Be creative."
- Triangles are leaders.
- Squares are organizers.
- Circles are harmonizers.
- Squiggles are innovators.
Questions & Answers
© 2011 drbj and sherry